Monday, May 20, 2013

Speech Progress over 2.5 years

I am looking through old video files on my computer and am amazed at how far Bradley has come with his speech! Bradley has had an amazing speech therapist named Clint and I have worked with Bradley a BUNCH.  However, I know that the continued improvement I see in Bradley is because of the mighty hand of God. My God has used Clint, me, and many others to strengthen Bradley's speech.  When progress is slow, it's difficult to remember how far you've come. These three short clips show undeniable progress. God is SO good!!!

The first video is of Bradley in Walmart at age 2 years, 6 months.  I kept hearing him say something as he was looking up toward the ceiling. I finally figured it out and had to document what I knew was such a smart observation by my little cutie (a triangle). I asked him a few times what he said before I filmed him, so I was lucky to get him to answer me once. After that he wanted to talk about Thomas and then check out my phone to see what I was filming.


The next video is age 3 years, 9 months. It was New Years Eve, 2011 (about to become New Years Day 2012) and Bradley and I were recording a message for my cousin Rachel and sister Jordan. You can't see much of us because we were outside, roasting marshmallows, but you can clearly hear Bradley's speech improvement :)


The 3rd video is Bradley at age 5 years, 0 months explaining why we celebrate Easter ("Jesus died [on the cross] and rose from the grave).  My son loves the Lord and I am so proud of his desire to go to church and his love for Jesus.  When the sun beams down to earth through the clouds Bradley excitedly draws my attention to it and reminds me that it's Jesus shining down on us. God is GREAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment