Monday, May 20, 2013

What does autism feel like?

This link offers a glimpse into the sensory experiences of someone with autism. Not everyone with autism might experience the same symptoms or to the same degree, but this is a great way to try to understand what individuals with autism experience every day. Please take the time to visit Carly's Cafe and listen to her story. I highly recommend exploring the site, viewing the film version, and clicking on the "Carlysvoice.com" link to understand the cafe experience through Carly's perspective.


I am incredibly thankful for Carly's story, because it helps me understand Bradley's anxiety, distraction, and absorption in a more real way.  I pray that this will help you understand my son and others with autism better. Their experience of our world is more different than you realize.


No comments:

Post a Comment